Bamboo extract is derived from the main species of bamboo trees found in Japan, Phyllostachys pubescens. It is known for a variety of compounds, including flavones, glycosides, phenolic acids, and amino acids, which act as antioxidants, skin soothers, and astringents.
The presence of flavones in bamboo extract contributes to its antioxidant activity. Because the skin is a major target of oxidative stress, the antioxidant protection provided by bamboo extract for skincare is highly valued for use in cosmetic formulations. It may also aid in the reduction of the appearance of uneven skin tone.
Here are some of the skin benefits of bamboo extract:
- Bamboo extract increases elasticity and glow: Collagen gives your skin a healthy glow. That’s all there is to it. So, by taking bamboo extract and increasing your body’s silica levels, you’re supporting collagen production and contributing to the overall dewy appearance of your skin.
- Advanced skin hydration and re-plumping: Bamboo extracts aid in the production of glycosaminoglycans (GAGs). This works to keep the skin moist and supple by preventing moisture loss. Furthermore, bamboo extract naturally stimulates hyaluronic acid, a key component in skin moisture maintenance. It also helps the skin fight oxidative stress. This is a process that has the potential to accelerate premature aging and wrinkle formation.
- Bamboo fights acne: Silica aids in the repair and regeneration of connective tissues in our skin. As a result, it can aid in the treatment of mild to moderate acne. Bamboo extract works to keep the skin’s outer layers healthy by increasing collagen production. As a result, the skin becomes less prone to breakouts and acne.
- Healing agent: Bamboo extract is a superfood for cell growth and skin rejuvenation. Its anti-microbial properties kickstart the detoxification process, ridding your skin of free radicals that attack it on a daily basis. It also works by reducing melanin production to reduce the size and color of dark spots.
- Antibacterial properties: In an age when we all believe that sanitizing is the new normal, the Bamboo tree contains anti-bacterial substances to protect itself from insects and fungus; these ingredients can be found in Bamboo extract, which gives our products antibacterial and anti-fungal properties.
- Great free radical/environmental protection: Bamboo extract contains high natural flavonoids, work as powerful antioxidants to combat skin-damaging free radicals caused by the environment, pollution, stress, and a variety of other factors! It can keep your skin looking young and healthy by combating the effects of premature aging.
We offer a carefully curated selection of skincare products at Japan Collection. We bring you the best bamboo extract skincare products formulated with the most effective Japanese skincare ingredients. You can use our website to look for high-quality skincare products in the UAE.
Leave a comment